The DaVinci Code was yet another great novel by Dan Brown. Considering my religious views, parts of this novel were a bit difficult to read and I understand many of its negative reviews. Going into reading The DaVinci Code, I knew that it was a questionable novel with some very sacrilegious views and opinions. So, I made it a point to keep my mind open and to take this novel as fiction not fact, as some readers may do.
All details about the Priory of Sion and Opus Dei are correct and factual. All descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals in the novel are accurate. However, the religious views and ties to the overall plot of the novel are merely opinions. They are not factual, they are fiction.
Keeping this in mind as I read, I really enjoyed the novel. As with all Dan Brown books, The DaVinci Code is fast paced and very intellectual. Reading this book is like taking a dive into an ocean full of art and religious history.
"Read this book and be enlightened" -The Washington Post Book World
"Far more than the average thriller. Intellectually satisfying.... page-turning suspense." -Houston Chronicle
"A thundering, tantalizing, extremely smart fun ride. Brown doesn't slow down his tremedously porwerful narrative engine despite transmitting several doctorates' worth of fascinating history...The DaVinci Code is brain candy of the highest quality" -Chicago TribuneDefinitely a book to read, just be sure to keep in mind what is fact and what is fiction.

No comments:
Post a Comment