Monday, July 25

Modesty {from the mouth of Emma Watson}


"I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that. Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?’ My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder." 
 Emma Watson


Bravo. Finally a star, and good role model for young girls and teenagers.  So often we see the Mary Kate and Ashley, Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff and Demi Lovatto scenarios where females in the spotlight become obsessed with being a "sexy" star. They loose sight of the talent that made them famous by obsessing over their weight, sexual appeal, and ability to party; ultimately ending in a miserable life. Young women need a good role model.  Someone who doesn't let the fame go to their heads.  Someone who is perfectly comfortable in their own skin.  It appears that we may finally have one in the entertainment industry.

Thank you Emma Watson. read the full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment