Wednesday, September 7

And there goes a drop.

Do you ever walk into a room full of people you know, and feel like a complete outsider?  Everyone else is engaged in exciting conversations, and you're left standing there?

Thats how I feel. 
Every day. 

I say I enjoy sitting back and listening to other's conversations, 
people watching is one of my favorite pasttimes, 
but I would like to be included in the conversation every once in a while. 

I sit down at a table with friends, 
they're already conversing with one another. 
I say hello, 
try to engage,
then, with no avail, pull out my books and study. 

But now, because I'm studying, 
I "turn people off"
and they don't want to disrupt me. 

So what do I do. 
Sit at a table 
talking to no one
staring around the room
looking like a complete loner
and wasting my time?

Nope.
I return to my desk. 
In my empty office space. 
And work in quiet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment