Last weekend the most incredible fog set in over Zurich.
It was impossible to see more than 30 feet in front of you.
The fog, while initially intriguing, was suffocating.
Fortunately, a day later the fog completely dissipated.
As I stood taking this picture Sunday after church,
I thought about metaphorical fog.
Fog can take many forms -
sin, indifference, laziness
- but it's debilitating effects are the same.
The fog creeps in and before you realize it,
your view is gone.
You have forgotten your purpose.
You can no longer see the finish line,
so you give up.
I know with every fiber of my being that there is a God.
He is our Heavenly Father.
He has a plan for you, and you can make it to the finish line.
He will guide you.
He will lift the fog so you can see.
He will heal you.
All you have to do is hold to the rod.
Hold fast to the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
strive to live as He lived,
work every day to be better than the last,
and He will pour out his blessings upon you.


No comments:
Post a Comment