- Martin
My home teachers are the greatest.
Martin and Alex.
Today they brought K and I a wonderful lesson
(and some giant brownies)
and we discussed our trials in life.
I'd like to share a few thoughts on the subject.
This past week, some really terrible things happened to me.
For example, a program that took me 8 hours to write was deleted from my hard-drive.
A VERY lofty assignment for the TA to misplace.
As upset as I was,
I almost immediately tried to look at the positive that would come from re-writing the program.
When discussing the dilemma with a friend, he made the statement,
"Why are you okay with this? You have a right to be pissed off right now"
I thought about his statement.
Yes I had a right, per-say,
but where does infuriation get me?
I have a mixture of feelings towards trials.
I have had many trials
PLENTY in my early teenage years
and plenty more now.
But I've never really thought of them as a major burden.
As annoying and hurtful as some of my situations have been,
I never thought it was that bad.
I always took them as a learning opportunity
and saw the good that could follow.
Here's where my mixed feelings come in;
Sometimes,
oftentimes,
I wonder if these are the big, life changing trials that everyone talks about.
To the outside world, my trials certainly might appear that way.
But I've never found them Earth-shattering.
So, do I just have a really good outlook on life?
or has nothing truly terrible ever happened to me?
has the Lord been testing me and I am passing?
or have I not been handed a true trial yet?
I know that there are much harder times to come,
but I am a little apprehensive about right now.
Thoughts on the subject?
Everyone will have that hurricane in their life, and believe me, you will know when it hits the shores of your soul.
ReplyDeleteI cart a similar attitude as you when it comes to trials, and I never thought the day would come when something would/could truly wreak havoc upon my spirit. It did, and I have my wonderful mother and my Heavenly Father to thank for picking me back up.
Be prepared. You will know when it hits. You also know that your Heavenly Father loves you, and that he always will.