People ask how it feels going to a school
where practically everyone is
good looking, smart, musically talented, funny, honest, spiritual, hardworking, friendly, etc etc
my response,
I LOVE IT.
Not only am I able to surround myself with intellectual human beings,
but ones who are sober,
ones who share the same values as me,
and ones who want the same things out of life that I do.
I know a lot of people who,
at home,
are the smartest, most talented and intriguing people their town/highschool/city has ever seen.
Then they come here and feel like just another person.
They don't feel special anymore
because almost everyone here was top of their class, talented, and incredibly well rounded.
And sometimes, they feel a little overshadowed.
Not me.
I am not just another person.
I am somebody.
A somebody who knows without a shadow of a doubt that she has something very unique to offer.
A somebody who is not afraid to go for what she wants.
A somebody who will do all that it takes.
There is no other ME.
That fact keeps me going.
Bring on the new semester, let's see what you're made of.
Ali I love this post! You are so inspiring and have so much determination and I know that you will be able to accomplish ANYTHING you set your mind to! love you!
ReplyDelete