Saturday, May 7

Ali day

I have a tendency to hold very high expectations. For that reason, I am often disappointed.  Disappointed with myself, disappointed with how things work out.  One thing I've discovered is how much time I spend worrying about external things.  I focus so much on schoolwork, social life, etc. that I forget to ask myself if I am happy.  Forget academic success, forget if I have people to hang out with on the weekend - am I happy?

I dedicate so much time to school, and now work, that I forget to take time for me.  After the worst part of winter semester last year, I took an Ali day. I skipped my classes, had someone cover my shift at work, and spent the day at the beach.  That single day made all the difference in my year.  

I can't afford to take a whole day off.
What I can afford to do is take a little time every day.  A little time to spend for me, not doing school work or socializing with other people.  A time to sit on the couch and read a good book, take a bike ride, or make something crafty.  Those are the things that make Ali happy. 

That being said, I took a little trip to DI today after reading some DIY blogs.  I was feeling crafty and needed a break from circuits. I bought flatware and dinner settings for 6 and plan to make these little babies : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment