Thursday, June 16

A quiet prompting

After a long, fairly emotional day yesterday, I laid down for one last sleep before taking my 8 am final exam.  As I was just drifting off to sleep, the thought came into my mind, set another alarm.  Grudgingly I opened my eyes and reached out to my phone.  I set another alarm, 30 minutes behind the first, then went back to sleep.

 7:00 I wake up. After glancing over at my phone, I sit up in shock.  It was not the first alarm that was going off - but the second.  Once again, I had turned my alarm off in my sleep.  I got down on my knees to thank my Heavenly Father for the gift the Holy Ghost.  Were it not for it's promptings, I would have completely missed my final exam.

My testimony of the Holy Ghost and the guidance it brings was reaffirmed today.  I was reminded of the small and simple promptings it gives us - and the consequences that might come if we don't heed them.  The Holy Ghost is one of the many tools that our Heavenly Father has provided for his children, to guide us and direct us in the right path, to help us along the way.  It is a comforter to us when we absolutely need it the most and I am so grateful to have it in my life.

ps.  The Lord really blessed me today. I rocked my final.  

No comments:

Post a Comment