(I hope you don't mind my fragmented story telling skills. I'm a math/science person. Elaborating is not my forte)
SO
Last Wednesday night.
Ward temple trip.
Kelsey, Kelly, Rinna, and I drive over.
Can't find parking right away,
so we decide to just head to Mt. Timpanogas temple instead.
We turned too early,
and took the long way around...
Get to the temple,
fairly crowded in the baptistry,
but still better than Provo.
After changing,
we sit in the chapel.
A long while later,
we're called to do confirmations.
As we're walking out of the chapel,
a temple worker comes up to us,
"Could you ladies write your names down again on this slip of paper?"
We do so.
"And could you put your numbers there too?
There's a young gentleman here who is interested in every one of you girls."
Say what?
There was a pretty cute guy working the baptistry that night.
But seriously?
You get another temple worker to ask us for our numbers?
While at the temple?!
So we agree, then head to the confirmation room.
Just under a dozen people later,
it's our turn.
The cute temple worker comes in,
"Do you girls ever giggle in sacrament meeting?"
Uh, what kind of question is that?
"When we were little?"
"Okay, because there's a family coming in with some pretty funny names.
The youth doing baptisms couldn't control themselves"
Okay, these will be some really cool Irish names or something
Not at all.
A family comes into the confirmation room.
Not knowing what to expect,
I fold my arms and listen.
Then the names came.
Pretty Hips.
Lips.
Suzie Medicine Boy.
Flaming Tail.
Respects Nothing.
We did all in our power not to bust out laughing.
I'm pretty sure I snorted once.
Some confirmations had to be repeated because the reader couldn't get them out.
There were a few other random things that happened that night,
it was such an unusual visit.
But hey, it was a good time.
We helped with the Lord's work,
and had a good laugh at the same time.
such a good night. loved every minute of it
ReplyDelete