Saturday, February 20

5 key principals to a happy life

In this week's devotional, President Layton quoted verses in D&C section 59 outlining the 5 key principals of the Lords plan to a happy life and it really hit home with me. I have been struggling with petty little concerns such as boys. I have convinced myself that there is no shame in asking for such a thing; and often get discouraged and ask why when I do not receive the answers and outcomes I hope for. I say, "Is this not a righteous desire? I just want to find a close friend- to have someone besides my family and girls to talk to; someone I can trust completely who I know wants the same in me. I am not asking for wealth or worldly things; just happiness. Is that not a righteous desire?" 

I have realized since this week's devotional, that perhaps I have been taking this the wrong way. Happiness does not have to come from a companion. Happiness, as the Lord has planned it, comes from serving the Lord and striving to be the best we can be. Righteous desires are those that will help us to accomplish that. Though a man may help me through rough times righ now, now is not the time for that to happen. Marriage and family will happen when it is supposed to happen. It will fall into place if I simply focus on those 5 key principals of the Lord's plan to a happy life.

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve Him. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Thou shalt not steal; neither commit adultery, nor kill, nor do anything like unto it. Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things. Thou shalt offer a sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in righteousness, even that of a broken heart and a contrite spirit."

I need to completely sacrafice for the Lords work, I need to recognize his hand in all that I do and thank him ALWAYS, never forgetting what he has done for me. If I could just try and comprehend all that he has sacraficed and given for me because he LOVES ME, I would never forget.

This was a fantastic devotional and I am so grateful to President and Sister Layton for making the long journey out here to speak to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment