Thursday, September 30

10 Answers

1. How would you describe your work in three words?
Distinguished, meticulous, unassuming

2. Who is your creative role model?
There are too many to name.  Friends and family members, every artist who has gone out and become successful on their own without sacrificing his/her values, inspiring authors, honest political activists, mothers, grandmothers, chefs, playwrights, photographers, scientists, physicists, ENGINEERS, mathematicians,  musicians, autistic children, and ordinary people like you and me who continue to go on every day with a positive attitude and hope for the future, despite what we know may come. People who make the most of the situation they are given; they are my role models, they inspire me.

3. If you had an extra hour each day what would you do with it?
   I love to read.  When I was younger,  every Tuesday in the summer my mom took us to the library.  Each week, I would collect a gigantic stack of chapter books to check out.  Mom would question if I needed all of them, and the answer was always "yes!"  Without fail, the stack would be finished by the next Tuesday and I would be anxious to check out more. 
   Now that life has sped up,  reading for fun has taken the back burner.  In the summertime, I still have a marathon book list.  During the school year, however, there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done as it is.  One hour to step out of the real world and read a good book would make all the difference in the world for my sanity ; )

4. What place in the world most inspires you and why?
   On top of any mountain.  The top of Stairway to Heaven in Kanaohe, the Y in Provo, the hill at Smith Lake;  when I can look out and see the world around me, I am in awe.  I see that I am a part of something vastly bigger than myself and am reminded of how small I truly am.  Seeing the world also reminds me of my role in his plan, how the impact I make on one person can affect so many more.  It reminds me of the Lords majesty and power, the beauty and intricacies he put into this world for us.  It is a stunning and breathtaking view at the top of a mountain, a view every person needs a chance to see in his or her lifetime. 

5. If you could do a different job for a day what would it be and why?
   I would be a storm chaser with my Dad.  One of my first serious career considerations was Meteorology.  I had planned to be a weather woman for a while, then my Dad would retire and he and I would be storm chasers together. I changed my mind for that career after doing a research paper on Meteorology.  I realized that with any TV job, especially broadcasting, you want to be on prime time; when everyone is home from school and work.  aka I'd be working my way up to being away from home.  Needless to say, those thoughts were nixed, but I could definitely handle being a storm chaser for a day : )

6. What is your favorite homemade gift to give?
   Christmas goodies, turtles in particular.  Homemade gifts are the best.  They take time, care, love, and thought to put together.  I would accept a homemade gift over an expensive one any day of the week.  And baked goods are definitely the way to any girl or boy's heart : )

7. What is your favorite object in your home?
I have a special box that contains my treasures; things like every birthday card ever received from my mom and dad, letters, my PB, pictures.  This box is my most prized possession. AND it matches : )

8. What is the best advice you've ever received?
Just relax, let it be. 

9. What websites do you use for inspiration?
Mormon.org, and Anthropologie for fashion inspiration : )

10. When do you consider a piece of your work complete?
When I've given it my all.  It would be very easy to stop a project when all qualifications have been met, and it would be a phenomenal piece of work.  But until I have poured my heart and soul into it, and given it all that I have to give, it is not complete. When punctuation and grammar are flawless, when every possible angle has been analyzed and I am 100% convinced that there is absolutely no way it could be perfected any more, THEN and only then is my work complete.

*I apologize for some cliché answers, but they're the truth

2 comments:

  1. Love the answer about mountains. I have a few good friends who have been to China, live in China, or do business in China. I tell you this, because they have shared with me something mind-boggling. The Chinese people are not a creative people. They are extremely intelligent, but they are not taught to create; they are taught to do as they are told.

    Yes it is a cultural thing, but I also like to think, that it is because of the landscape they grow up in. The ones that end up going to universities, often grow up in highly populated areas. Cities. They don't see anything beyond the system of which they grew up in. They don't even have the Internet to explore beyond what is China. Whilst we in America can drive for days and see wonders and marvels around every corner. Relatively speaking. We could see for miles, and miles. And think about it, America has been the leader in technology and innovation for generations.

    Love your answer! Haha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so true! I admit, I often take for granted the beauty that surrounds me. If you think about it, 5 of the 7 Wonders of the World are in the United States. So technically, the U.S. is the most beautiful and diverse country in the world :)

    ReplyDelete