It's sometimes a very hard thing to keep up with.
I have neglected physically writing in my journal.
But I stayed up last night,
quite late actually,
and wrote in mine.
and it was wonderful : )
"Journal writing is the perfect place to sort out your feelings, solve problems, set goals, preserve memories, and develop dreams. It’s important to write about experiences now while your memories are fresh. Years down the road you will rediscover your words and be amazed at how much you’ve grown and how much the Lord has blessed you."
"Get a notebook, my young folks, a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity. Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies” (New Era, Oct. 1975, 5).
—President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985)
"You may never be remembered for your superior writing skills, profound insight, or miraculous experiences as a teenager, but you’re the only one who can describe the night you finished the Book of Mormon for the first time, or the flustered feeling you had on your first date, or the smell of fresh roses at your grandpa’s funeral, or anything else in your life. If you’re the only one who benefits from your efforts, that’s enough."
When I write in my journals, it feels like I open up not only with myself, but with my Heavenly Father as well. So many answers to prayers and questions, I find while writing down thoughts.
ReplyDeleteWriting is the best! Go you. :)