Tuesday, December 7

refocusing

Tonight I refocused. 
I read a few talks.

Elder M. Russell Ballard, April 1995, "Answers to Life's Questions"

“We cannot keep all the commandments without first knowing them, and we cannot expect to know all, or more than we now know unless we comply with or keep those we have already received” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 256).

Elder Russel M. Nelson, October 2008 session, "Celestial Marriage"

"Wise shoppers study their options thoroughly before they make a selection. They focus primarily on the quality and durability of a desired product. They want the very best. In contrast, some shoppers look for bargains, and others may splurge, only to learn later—much to their dismay—that their choice did not endure well. And sadly, there are those rare individuals who cast aside their personal integrity and steal what they want. We call them shoplifters.
"The patterns of the shopper may be applied to the topic of marriage. A couple in love can choose a marriage of the highest quality or a lesser type that will not endure. Or they can choose neither and brazenly steal what they want as “marital shoplifters.”

These are both very good talks.  I love GC and all the leaders of this church. They always know just what I need. 


No comments:

Post a Comment