and this verse fits especially well with the theme of this blog:
3 Nephi 27:33
And it came to pass that when Jesus had ended these saying he said unto his disciples: Enter ye in at the strait gate; for strait is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to life, and few there be that find it; but wide is the gate and broad is the way which leads to death and many there be that travel therein, until the night cometh, wherein no man can work.
Another thing or two...
I just recently became a free woman. Everything that I had been working towards this semester (aside from school work) ended this past week. The ending was a bit bittersweet- I enjoyed so much performing for so many people and especially creating such wonderful bonds with amazing people- but I have begun to realize what a pill I was the past month or so while in preparation for the performances. Not that anything I did was uncalled for, I was just a pill and there was no way of avoiding it. I was going off 4-5 hours of sleep a night for a good month straight; everyday was consumed with rehearsal after rehearsal including Saturdays; Work was my study time and (i hate to admit this) I often sat at the computer hoping that one of the other tutors would help the students so I wouldn't have to. I couldn't keep my eyes open in class to save my life, so that added more work for me as well as guilt for offending my professors. I was always in a hurry- my days were scheduled in 10-15 minute increments. It was probably very hard to be around me; I was stressed, tired, self-conscious, and so many other things rolled up into a big giant ball of yuckiness.
I have just realized how fun it can be to NOT have anything you are committed to doing. I can actually enjoy the beach, put 110% in at work and stay over my shift to help someone if they are not understanding a problem, and really study hard for class and ENJOY it again. That is what I am here to do, right? Get an education...
I also had time to attend an extremely talented friend's senior recital.
PHENOMENAL. First: when I saw the program I was uber excited. I shall simply tell you some of the contents of the page, feel free to look up the songs because they are some of my absolute favorites:
"Now When the Rain Falls" from The Scarlet Pimpernel youtube of girl singing
"Tell Me on a Sunday" from Song and Dance youtube recording - just song
"When I Look at You" from The Scarlet Pimpernel youtube - girl singing
"Someone Else's Story" from Chess youtube - girl singing
"Meadowlark" from The Baker's Wife youtube- woman singing
"Taylor, the Latte Boy" by Zina Goldrich youtube- Kristen Chenoweth
"Don't Rain on my Parade" from Funny Girl youtube- glee performance
(these movies are to give you and idea of the song, they cannot COMPARE to Jessica Jane's performance)
She also performed a number of monologues and duet scenes. It was an extremely clever, entertaining, and magnificent performance : )
SIDENOTE: I looked over the class list for my major today and suddenly became extremely excited. I don't think I have ever been more excited about Electrical Engineering in my life. I truly feel that it is what I am supposed to do. I know, I am crazy; getting excited over taking classes on designing wireless communication systems and studying the properties of electromagnetic radiation and propogation. But really I am STOKED. Prior to today, I wanted to do EE because I wanted to do something incredibly hard and be able to say that I did, as with MIT. I knew the major would be interesting and that I would be good at it, and I knew what Electrical Engineers do, but I had never looked in detail as to what I would be doing to get the degree. I AM SO GLAD I DID TODAY. I am excited beyond words right now. Ah- I know this is the right thing for me to do : )


No comments:
Post a Comment