When I was younger, I rarely went to sleep when I was supposed to. Most nights, I would hide under my covers with a good book and a flashlight and stay up reading until the wee hours of the morning. Other nights, I'd sit watching my alarm clock, attempting to count in perfect time to 60 seconds. Sometimes, I would even try to sing Take Me Out to the Ball Game, just to see how many times through it would take to reach a minute. I guess I could have mathematically calculated it; 4 seconds per phrase, 8 phrases in the song. Thats 32 seconds per go round. So you would sing take me out to the ball game one time all the way through, then again - stopping at "one, two, three strikes you're out!" and the minute would be up... BUT I was a youngn' and it was just more fun to sing it over and over; and it definitely beat counting sheep :)
I guess I was an odd child. But then again, I still do both of those things sometimes. And now, everything I do is over-calculated including dominoes games. Isn't it funny how we grow up to be the same quirky person we always were?

No comments:
Post a Comment