My faith and conviction that my church,
is the true church
was fortified today.
I had the opportunity to attend a non-denominational church in the Annapolis area this morning.
While not my first time visiting a church besides my own,
it was a new and interesting opportunity.
The service was great, but very different from my own.
I knew kind of what to expect,
Samantha, on the other hand, was a little overwhelmed.
This visit to another church was different from the last.
The last, I was caught up in how foreign everything was to me.
This time, however, I was able to focus on the service and I learned a lot.
These preachers know they're stuff.
They know the bible forwards and back;
but they know so little.
There are so many gaps that they cannot fill because they don't have the full doctrine.
They try desperately to fill in the gaps and make sense of it all.
Some concepts, they can grasp;
but they don't quite get the full meaning.
There is just something missing.
All they know is turn to Jesus.
Every scripture discussed, every song sung, every prayer spoken said turn to Jesus.
Go to him, pray to him, walk with him, be like him.
Which is absolutely true;
but there is more to it than that.
Honestly, I felt a bit sad for the congregation;
The preacher, the worship band, the directors.
They try desperately to feel the spirit
backing up the prayers with peaceful music
raising their hands to God
but it's just not there.
They are missing the Holy Ghost.
They are missing the Priesthood.
They are missing the fullness of the Gospel.
Along with a much appreciated fortification of my testimony,
I have a much stronger desire to share the Gospel with others;
especially to invite people to church with me.
I know the spirit of the Lord is in our meetings.
I absolutely feel the difference.
There is no comparison.
I know that if I could simply invite a friend to church,
they would be able to feel it too.
The Lord is there;
he is real and you can feel it.
It is an amazing feeling.
I cannot imagine life without it.
Today I had a glimpse at life without the spirit and the truth,
and I felt very sad for those who do not have the gift that I have.
I am going to make a much greater effort now to share the gospel;
more than just discussing church or answering questions.
But by sharing the Book of Mormon and inviting others to church with me,
despite possible embarrassment from stepping out of my comfort zone.
The world needs the Gospel.
They need the truth, the FULL truth.
I can share it with them.
I love my church.
I know it is absolutely the true church of Jesus Christ.
I know it is the same church he established on the Earth so many years ago.
I know that he is the head of our church
and has called President Thomas S. Monson to be our modern-day prophet and revelator.
I know that they are the mouthpiece of the Lord,
there is no doubt in my mind that they speak the truth.
I know that the spirit is real, and available to everyone.
I know he is present in our church meetings.
I know there are temples on this Earth dedicated by the proper authority
so that we may perform those sacred and holy ordinances.
I know that one day,
hopefully in the not so distant future,
I will be able to enter into the temple
to seal my family together for time and all eternity.
I love this Gospel with all my heart
I testify of its truth.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment