Friday, July 23

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...


Superman.
Saturday I went to Six Flags.
GREAT DAY.
aside from the sleep deprived part.

after many fun rides and lots of long lines
we decide to hit up superman.
one of the best roller-coasters. period.
After approximately 2 hours of waiting in line,
while playing a physics game on K's iPhone
*in love with by the way*
we reach the front of the line.

standing feet away from the best seat on the entire ride
(front row, side seat)
I get this small feeling I shouldn't get on the ride.
Pushing the feeling aside, I try to converse with my friends and enjoy myself
but the feelings wouldn't go away.
for what felt like an eternity, I ran these thoughts through my mind
over and over.
I prayed to my heavenly father.
was he serious?
I really waited in the longest line at the park for the best ride
and I wasn't supposed to go on it?
I asked for a sign *shame on me* to prove that I wasn't dreaming.
no earthquakes, no bolts of lightning,
but a very real sign.
A feeling.
Yes, he was serious.
I was not supposed to go on the ride.

When the gate opened for us to hop into our seats,
I walked straight across to the exit.
My friends looked at me like I was insane.
I had been talking about the ride all day.
And I wasn't going to go?
I briefly explained the feeling I had received.
Probably not the best idea.
They were kinda freaked out.
Were they not supposed to get on either?
Too late.
The ride took off.

They made it back in one piece.
V and K said my comment made the ride better;
more thrilling?
I can understand that.

Who's to say anything would have happened?
It's not likely I would have flown off and died.
Or blacked out.
But you never know.
Perhaps it was just a test.
This much I know;
I have no regrets.
I listened to the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
I know I can obey,
even when the desire to do otherwise is strong.
I know he will always be there.
His promptings are small, and often hard to hear.
We have to be listening to receive them.
He does hear our prayers, our thoughts, our desires
and he answers them.
But we must be willing to hear them
and most importantly
to obey them.

faith without works is dead
James 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment